Michael Buble to undergo vocal surgery
Michael Buble. (WENN.COM)
Michael Buble has been forced to cancel a number of upcoming appearances to undergo vocal surgery.
The 40-year-old singer took to Twitter.com on Wednesday to share the news with fans in a post titled, ‘A Message from Michael’.
“I wanted to let you know that I am bowing out of some upcoming events due to pending vocal surgery which will require a period of time for me to rest and recover,” he wrote. “No talking or singing for a while but my doctors expect a complete recovery.”
Michael went on to explain he was “especially sorry” to miss the Canadian Governor General Performance Award Gala on June 11, as he was due to be honoured at the event.
“This award will now be presented at next year’s 25th Anniversary on June 29th, 2017,” he added.
The star has also pulled out of a Marvin Gaye tribute at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C. on June 5.
“Thank you in advance for your prayers and good wishes,” he continued. “I’ll keep you up to date on my progress.”
Michael is the latest in a long list of famous singers who have had to undergo vocal surgery in recent years.
Meghan Trainor underwent the procedure last year, and revealed to Most Requested Live she had turned to British singer Sam Smith for advice as he had been through the same thing earlier in the year.
Meanwhile, fellow British powerhouse Adele also had surgery on her vocal cords in 2011.
While she made a full recovery, she told British talk show host Graham Norton she felt like her voice was different now, compared to what it had sounded like before.
“At the very beginning (after the operation) it changed, it was very clean,” she said. “Obviously I used to smoke quite a lot, so all the scars that my voice had from most of my life were gone (after the surgery), it was like a brand new voice.”
A message from Michael: pic.twitter.com/DRTrAVoBgU— Michael Bublé (@michaelbuble) May 18, 2016